Test the colour of the fabric in a hidden area with the spotting solution of choice to see if it’s colourfast.
Create a spotting solution with 1 part dishwashing liquid (such as Dawn), 3 parts distilled white vinegar, and 3 parts water.
1. For a small area apply the solution directly to the pasta stain. For a large area soak the entire cover in the solution.
2. Let the solution penetrate for 15-20 minutes.
3. Blot off with a wet white towel followed by a dry white towel.
4. When the stain starts to dissipate, reapply the solution.
5. Let the solution penetrate for a few more minutes.
6. Rinse with fresh water.
If you are not achieving the results desired, then use a stronger product. Enzyme stain removers can be found in most grocery stores.
1. Apply enzyme stain remover directly to the pasta stain.
2. Let it penetrate for 1-2 hours, re apply if it starts to dry out.
3. Rinse with fresh water.
4. You may need to soak the entire cover in the enzyme for large stains or to prevent colour loss from a specific area. Soak for several hours or overnight.