1. Dab the wine stain with a rag to soak up as much as possible. Use a clean part of the rag after each dab to avoid reapplying the wine.
2. Fill a bowl with 2 cups cold water. Add 1 tbsp. liquid dishwashing soap and stir.
3. Moisten a clean rag with the soap solution. Dab it onto the wine stain. Blot the couch with another clean rag to absorb the soapy water. Repeat sponging with the soapy water, then blotting with a dry rag until the wine is no longer lifting from the couch.
4. Rinse the couch with a rag and cold water, then blot to dry.
5. Combine 1/3 cup vinegar and 2/3 cup cool water to remove any remaining wine from the couch. Dab the vinegar mixture onto the stain, and then absorb the moisture with a clean, dry rag. Continue this process until all of the wine is gone.
6. Rinse the couch with a damp rag and clean water. Blot with a dry rag.